Arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport/Alternative Airport pick up and transferred to the Kili Cottages Hotel for overnight Dinner and breakfast.
After breakfast and a briefing from your guide, drive from Moshi or Arusha to Londorossi Park Gate (2250m, 1.5 hours). From here a forest track requiring a 4WD vehicle leads to Lemosho Glades (2000m, 11Km. 45minutes) and a possible campsite. Walk along beautiful forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (big tree) campsite, (2750m, 3hours).
The trail gradually steepens and enters the giant heather moorland zone then crosses the Shira ridge at about 3600m to drop gently d own to Shira 1 camp located by the stream on the Shira plateau (3500m, 5hours).
A gentle walk across the plateau leads to Shira 2 camp on moorland meadows by a stream (3850m, 1.5 hours). A variety of walks are available on the plateau making this an excellent acclimatization day.
The moorlands soon come to an end and the rocky path leads amongst outcrops to the Lava tower (this is optional if one not taking western breach) where there are good campsites (4600m, 5 hours) then continue to Barranco hut (3900m, 2hours).
After breakfast we leave Barranco ridge, walk up the Barranco wall that ends up at the foot of the Heim glacier. Passing the Barranco wall Walk along to along to Karanga valley (4 hours).
Continue to the Barafu hut which is located at an altitude of (4550 m) here we make camp, Rest enjoy dinner and overnight. The two peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo are seen from this position.
Wake up very early, at around midnight, take some light tea with cookies, Start trekking to the summit, the Uhuru peak (5895m 8hours). Spend some time at the summit.
Start descending to Barafu hut for brunch and some rest, then walk down to Mweka hut for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, walk down the Mweka Montane forest to the Mweka gate, board the already waiting vehicle and drive back to Moshi to to the Springlands Hotel of overnight.
(One more extra day may be spent on Either Shira 2, Barranco or Karanga for acclimatization purposes to make the program a 9-day program. If you want to do it for 8 days you can omit day 3 and you can walk from Shira 1 to BARANKO Camp. So it will be 8 days climbing.)
- Two nights accommodation at the Kili Cottages Hotel in Moshi (before and after the climb)
- Return transportation from Moshi to/from the starting/finishing point on the mountain
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue Fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Airport transfers
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Emergency oxygen
The price for 1pax-4= 1950$, 5pax-8= 1900$, 9pax and above 1850$