Located just 45 minutes drive from Arusha, Arusha National Park is Tanzania's most accessible park in more ways than one. It's not only conveniently located, but it's also the best place to embark on walking and canoeing safaris - putting you closer to the action than anywhere else in the country!
While Arusha National Park has no large predators, it is home to Africa's largest giraffe population, a variety of primate species, and a number of large herbivores.
It's the perfect day out for a family or those wanting something different to the standard game drive experience.
Details of One Day Safari to Arusha National Park
DAY 1: ARUSHA - ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, you'll depart from your Arusha or Moshi accommodations and drive to the park.
Your visit to Arusha National Park is a flexible one, as you'll have three choices as to how you'd like to experience the park.
- Game Drive: You can embark on a half-day or full-day game drive through the park. Your drive will pass you past park landmarks such as the Momella Lakes and Ngurdoto Crater - sometimes known as 'Little Ngorongoro'.
- Canoe Safari: Available at extra cost, you'll trade the car for a canoe as you take a guided canoe safari out on the Momella Lakes to see bushbuck, giraffes, hippos, and buffalo.
- Walking Safari: Stretch your legs with a gudied walking safari through the park. While on your walking safari, you can expect to see endless acres of forest, home to black and white colobus monkeys, zebras, buffalos, and a varietyof antelopes. You will also have a chance to observe more than 400 bird species including the Crowned Eagle, Lanner Falcon, and Levaillants Cuckoo.
You can combine the above three options as you please, although the canoe safari and walking safari both attract an additional cost.
You'll return to Arusha in the late afternoon with a head full of memories and a camera full of unforgettable photos.
- Day trip according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- National Park Ranger
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the day trip
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance